Part 1: Bush Administration
National Security Council
March 18, 2004
Dick Cheney, Vice President of the United States
1. Please discuss the advice and plans of the Energy Advisory Council specifically as they relate to pipeline development and gas/oil exploration in Afghanistan, Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries, and the feasibility of such development or exploration specifically in those two countries in 2001.
- Specifically, what were the discussions/negotiations about?
- Expand upon the discussions, agreements, or threatening remarks that were reportedly made?
3. On the morning of September 11th, when did you first become aware that America was under attack? Who informed you?
4. Besides ensuring the succession to the Presidency, is there a defense protocol to follow in the event our nation is attacked? Was it followed?
- Did you have open lines with the Secret Service, NORAD, the FAA and DOD?
- Who was in the Situation Room with you?
- Was Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld or anyone at the Pentagon informed that we were under attack? If so, at what time was the Pentagon informed? If not Rumsfeld, who?
- Why wasn’t the Pentagon defended?
- Did you consult with President Bush about all decisions?
6. Was the order given to shoot down Flight 93?
7. Please explain your opposition to the creation of an independent commission to investigate 9/11 and your request that Senator Daschle quash an investigation.
- In addressing the issue of domestic terrorism, which you were asked to oversee by President Bush in May, 2001, whom did you consult and/or from whom did you request briefings?
- What were your findings on the threat level?
- What recommendations for improved security resulted from your study of domestic terrorism? When were they made and to whom?
- What coordinated plans of action, directives or protocols developed as a result?
- Were those recommendations carried out following the September 11th attacks?
9. Why were the recommendations of the Hart Rudman Report ignored?
10. Were you given Cipro on the evening of September 11? If so, why?
“At least some White House personnel were given Cipro six weeks ago. White House officials won’t discuss that, or who might be receiving the anthrax-treating antibiotic now…
On the night of the Sept. 11 attacks, the White House Medical Office dispensed Cipro to staff accompanying Vice President Dick Cheney as he was secreted off to the safety of Camp David, and told them it was a precaution, according to one person directly involved.”
11. Please provide the names of anyone else who received Cipro in advance of the anthrax attacks.
12. What level of support can the 9/11 Commission expect with regard to enacting the changes that they recommend?